Here is my go-to recipe for the perfect meatballs to serve with your favorite pasta. I served mine with brown rice GF pasta and shaved Parmesan cheese!
- 2 lbs. of Meat (I used a mixture of ground beef and sausage)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs ( I used gluten free panko)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil (diced)
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Italian Seasoning
- 3 cloves of Garlic, minced or diced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 jar of sauce of your choice
Begin with a large mixing bowl. Add all the ingredients except the pasta and sauce. Mix them all together well until completely combined.
Once the pot is hot, put the balls into the pot. Cover the meatballs with the rest of the sauce. Fill the sauce jar up about 1/2 way, put the lid back on and shake it all up to loosen the remaining sauce. Add the saucy water to the pot. Put the top on and let the meatballs cook.
After about 10 minutes, use a wooden or plastic spoon and gently stir the meatballs to cook the other side. Let them cook on medium for about 15 more minutes and they will be ready to go.
The meatballs can simmer for awhile, or you can serve them right away. Enjoy!