We’ve instituted a new tradition at our house – slow cooker Saturdays! Since we are usually gone for longer than the time required for a standard crockpot recipe during the week, Saturdays seemed like the perfect day to try out some new crockpot recipes!
Up first? Coconut Curry Chicken! I used this recipe as inspiration, and was quite pleased with the results.
- 2 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 can Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes
– Cut the chicken into cubes and put in the crockpot (I recommend using a crockpot liner for easier cleanup).
– Combine EVERYTHING ELSE in a food processor or blender until smooth, then mix with the chicken.
– Cook on low for about 7 hours, and voila! You’re done!
This recipe is super easy – perfect to throw together on a Saturday morning! As an added bonus, your house will smell amazing while this is cooking! I served my coconut curry chicken with rice and naan, and will definitely be making this again in the near future!